The organ in Matriz de Santo Antônio in Tiradentes, Minas Gerais (Brazil) is, without a doubt, an important instrument both artistically and historically; in technical matters it is of great interest for its high quality craftsmanship. The same applies to certain artistic features and the organs original building materials which, fortunately, have survived to the present day in excellent condition. This instrument was built in Oporto en 1785 by Simao Fernandes Coutinho.
Then, it was shipped to Brazil where it was mounted in 1788. At this point in history, the 18th century, Portuguese organ building was at its height and the splendour of that age was transplanted to Brazil.
Based on detailed studies and meticulous controls, especially when it came to the pipework, we were able to return this organ to its original state and let it take its rightful place in the artistic heritage of the historical city of Tiradentes.